Going to the Maldives Islands should automatically turn you into a Maldives traveler. However, on the sunny islands on the Indian Ocean there are no such things as ordinary activities. Everything you do there is virtually extraordinary, aided and abetted by beautiful nature and by Maldives resorts. A Maldives beach and near waters are simply what many imagine paradise to be.
Prepare therefore to be amazed and do amazing stuff and take pictures or videos in the process. When done well, which is easy enough these days, the pics and videos would be really great things to show family, friends and future generations. These would also form a glorious showcase on your social media walls.
For good reason, we have our ten must-do things divided into two types and put those of the first type top of list. The first types are fun and exciting or adventurous, amazing discoveries. You need to decide which of these to concentrate on to make the most of your time on the islands. Or, you can actually do them all if you have the time, energy and inclination.
Type two things are those you do with love or conscience and awareness of things. What is the Maldives, and what is its standing in the world? You can also burnish the inner you with some quality vacation time meditating with a loved one.
Passion should be a given for the Maldives traveler. It should spark somewhere during your research about hotels in the Maldives. Pictures alone will tell you that the place is BEAUTIFUL, without question. Realities however say you should be be informed or prepared for and to prepare well, you can access tools.
The Maldives Traveler’s Must-Do Things
Here are our ten things you should have top of mind when going there, in no particular order.
- Water sports and activities – a complete variety of activities and sports near the seashore or water await you. This includes, scuba diving, snorkeling, yachting, parasailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, riding glass bottom boats, jet skiing and more. All Maldives resorts also connect you to folks like PADI-certified diving instructors, fitness coaches and the like. They may even employ these in house.
- The cosmopolitan islander experience – nightlife, shopping and seeing the sights is incomparable on the main urban hub of Male Maldives. Most if not all tourists spice their stay with a day and night or two in Male. Boat transfer services from atoll resorts to the city are fast and efficient.
- Fishing – where there is a sea or ocean, there should be fish. You can be that type of Maldives Islands traveler whose passion is angling. On the islands, fishing is a pastime and an industry, which all redound to your benefit as an angler. The Maldives is a go to big game fishing destination for real connoisseurs.
- Eating, fine dining, parties and nightcaps – these are as unique there as other kinds of popular activities. For instance, a resort could feature an open air islander theater for after dinner leisure — something experienced to be believed. Dining, drinking or partying in underwater amenities is simply mind-blowing.
- Unique corporate events – for the ever savvy networking businessman in you, a business event on the islands gives you “a chance to thicken” your contact list while floating on ambiance, luxury and freedom.
- Marine life watching – this can be a semi-sedentary and contemplative thing. It makes you connect to all life underwater. Coral gardens, colorful fish and tiny marine beings, plus the stars of the ocean (i.e. dolphins, whale sharks, manta rays, birds of all kinds) make their home or have their own seasonal tour destinations there.
- Underwater spa, Ayurveda, and wellness dates – you can virtually feel your soul salivating by reading up on the wheres and hows of spa treatments and wellness categories offered in the Maldives. The experience can pull together and balance all those stuck out or loose threads of the spirit.
- Conservation and sustainability concerns – mostly composed of atolls, the archipelago is slowly sinking and should be seen through the lens of conservation. For tourists, this should be a constant when traveling there, to be woke as a visitor.
- Culture studies – despite the luxury that might surround traveling plans for Maldives, there will be relevant pockets of time and locations which can give you real value for money closely tied to the rich local culture. The archipelago also lies in the middle of a geopolitical minefield. And its delicate environmental condition plays a pivotal role in local politics.
- Romance – we are sticking to the blog plan — still, romance, a honeymoon or romantic holiday is totally one with luxury travel and the first thing anyone would think of when traveling to this tourist destination.
How to Go to Maldives Islands
While a Maldives traveler can follow a cheaper path to the islands, the best experiences are on the luxury thread. Remember, you might want to go there for a honeymoon or romantic holiday, or a vacation treat for the family. Which means it would be a real occasion. Saving for this occasion is a must, even for well-heeled folks.
So if you do save, then you might as well save for all features and extras relevant to a smooth, worry-free trip to the Maldives. Regardless of budget size, there should be something you can focus on in Maldives Resorts.
The archipelago lies some distance southwest of the Indian subcontinent and more than 9,000 kilometers northwest of Sydney. There are both airlines and shipping lines that can get you there or connect to a route. Ships or cruises are definitely more leisurely, but planes can give you those ultra scenic aerial shots.
If you have a mind for gathering mementos, there are a good number of reliable outlets for Maldives mementos. Add these to photographs or videos you take, and you can be sure to remember each specific trip to the islands. Be sure to know some good guidelines particular to travel to the Maldives.
The cultural dimension is easily bridged by international staffing in resorts. Also, the training for these is always above average, which means luxury service at its finest. Locals are naturally friendly and easy-going, and when you immerse yourself in the local culture, you’ll be most welcome.
A Maldives Traveler Will Need the Maldives Specialists
Maldives Resorts are the specialists in question. Catering to luxury travels, honeymooners, romantic vacationers and families, we have over a hundred partner resorts featured. All are rated with no less than four stars, at the least. There is a host of travel websites out there, but we can lay claim to excellent connections to all our partners.
Luxury destinations in the Maldives also have the added conscience dimension. Most if not all have their own unique answers to conservation, climate change and ecotourism. This last is a very important concern for our resorts — survival is at stake. Not only that, they are committed to staying and contributing to the nation as a surviving political unit.
You, the Maldives traveler, will probably be renting a water villa or overwater bungalow, the accommodation of choice for all tourists. Overwater bungalows are in common use in the islands’ resorts and have helped defined Maldives tourism in physical amenities. These are built on platforms and pillars to rise directly above water. Thus, the view, access to the sea and other unique features will not escape your notice on resort islands.
Still, you can rent beach villas on dry land. Most resorts feature both water villas and land cottages or rooms. Many are located on a private island. Delve into details like prices, packages and per diem expenses when you contact us. You can use mobile for reservations or studying our website information. Visit the site or call us on +61 2 8002 7478 and talk to an agent today.